Stop the Bleed
Learn the basics of emergency bleeding control products and techniques. The course instructor will present products and applicable skills associated with the basic Able Shepherd emergency vehicle kit to include: Scene assessment, primary assessment, wound packing, and tourniquet placement.
- Effective August 1st, 2021 we will require that individuals testing for Protector Certification-PHASE 2 be Stop the Bleed certified.
- Additionally, anyone already certified at the Protector level and beyond will need to be Stop the Bleed certified by August 1st 2021.
- Stop the Bleed certifications are good for two (2) years, upon which time individuals will need to re-certify to stay current.
- You are not required to take our Stop the Bleed class, but if you choose to do so, you may use a monthly class credit for the course.
- This course is open to anyone and they do not need to be in the Able Shepherd program or have taken any prior classes from us.
- Dates/times for our Stop the Bleed classes are listed here: https://ableshepherd.com/new-classes/
- and on our class calendar: https://ableshepherd.sites.zenplanner.com/calendar.cfm
We feel that to “Take Care of One Another” emergency medical aid knowledge is a must.
Stop the Bleed classes are available to a member’s family at the discounted price of $100 instead of $175
If you have any questions pertaining to this Stop the Bleed requirement, please feel free to reach out to us.
Ham Radio Testing
HAM Radio testing is available at Able Shepherd Headquarters. 7 people max per session.
Step 1: download the hamstudy.org and STUDY for the test
Step 2: Register for the test
Step 3: Take the test
Family Emergency Readiness
In the event of an emergency everyone has a role, even your children…we can’t expect others to know their role (ie. stay together, run, connect with mom or dad, etc.) unless we teach them. Let us help your family be prepared.
In this course students will be ABLE to utilize the following skills, with their family:
- Linking (staying connected)
- Bleeding control (tourniquet placement)
- Movement in a crisis
- Threat ID
- Common verbal commands
- Abdication prevention basics
- Safety Consideration for the home
Opt-In to our Newsletter
Active Shooter Response Training Center
6649 S Paris Street
Centennial, CO 80111
Able Shepherd Headquarters
7146 S Tucson Way
Centennial, CO 80111